At Callahan & Blaine, our talent pool is deep. Each month, we will be publishing an “Attorney Spotlight” where we look past the briefcases to see what makes the men and women of Callahan & Blaine tick. How have we won over $2 billion in verdicts and settlements? It’s a team effort of hard work, dedication, experience and savvy litigation. Today, meet Senior Trial Attorney, Saleem Erakat!
- Name: Saleem Erakat
- Position: Senior Trial Attorney
- Birth City: San Francisco, CA
- Current City: Mission Viejo, CA
- Law school: UC Hastings, College of the Law
Q: What attracted you to the legal field?
A: The idea that everyone can have a forum for their grievances and that I could be a part of helping solve them.
Q: Was there anyone along the way who mentored or influenced your work?
A: A partner I worked for at my first job let me second chair a trial as a second year as an attorney. Although we did not get a verdict in our favor, the experience confirmed to me that I had made the right choice in becoming a litigator.
Q: What do you think sets Callahan & Blaine apart from the rest?
A: The fact that the firm only hires experienced attorneys means that everyone here is willing and able to manage a case from start to finish, giving the client an efficient and dedicated attorney to navigate their case.
Q: Tell us about a case you are particularly proud of.
A: I worked on a pro bono case as part of a team that worked to keep an elderly woman in her home after her step-children and step-grandchildren attempted to take her home of 20 years away from her. In addition, as one of the relatives used her notary to perpetuate the fraud, we were able to recover damages for our client through the bond from these mostly insolvent relatives.
- Favorite TV show: Stranger Things
- Family: Married with three children, ages 5, 3 and 9 months
- Guilty Pleasure: Anything with dark chocolate
- No. 1 Bucket List Item: See dream vacation
- Dog or Cat: Neither
- Dream Vacation: Hiking Mt. Kilimanjaro, followed by a safari
- Favorite High-Profile Case: Not sure it counts as favorite, but I found “The People v. OJ Simpson” on FX fascinating.
- Favorite Fictional Lawyer: Analise Keating (“How to Get Away With Murder”)
Stay tuned for next month’s Attorney Spotlight, where we will meet another talented Callahan & Blaine attorney! Our law firm represents corporate, professional and entrepreneurial clients of all size. To find out more about our distinctive approach to advocacy and dispute resolution in complex litigation, contact us at the Callahan & Blaine offices in Santa Ana.